Child Welfare Officer Vacancy
We have been notified that our current Child Welfare Officer, Kerry Harris will be stepping down from her voluntary role as the Club's Child Welfare Officer at the end of this season. Kerry will be a significant loss to the committee as her commitment to making sure we provide a safe environment for our players has been second to none, not only this, Kerry supported Club events by giving up her time to help us prepare for some of our biggest events held over the past 3 years. The Club's very existence is reliant on people like Kerry stepping up to help and support us all.
We would like to take this opportunity to thank Kerry for all her valuable time and dedication.
This leaves us with a very important vacancy to fill so if you or anyone you know would be interested in taking up this voluntary post on the committee then please get in touch with our Club chairman, Chris Terry at email@example.com or 07903 189359.
As part of the role of Child Welfare Officer you will be required to attend an FA Welfare Officer Workshop which is a three hour classroom session as well as complete the standard Criminal Record Check (CRC).
Once in post at the club you will be responsible for...
- Acting as the clubs point of contact for parents, children and coaches with safeguarding concerns.
- Handling issues raised and working with the local FA and League safeguarding officers.
- Processing and reviewing new CRC applications, ensuring all our volunteers have in date CRC certificates.
- Reviewing our Safeguarding Children, Anti Bullying and Equality policies.
- Attending monthly Committee meetings.
- Attending Bi-monthly Managers meetings.
- Acting as the clubs designated safeguarding officer at club events where necessary.
If you are someone who is passionate about keeping the children active and helping us continue to provide a fun, safe environment and would like to help shape the Club as we progress then please get in touch.
Published: 29 January 2020